Who is getting excited for Thanksgiving dinner?!? My favorite dish is always the…
Who is getting excited for Thanksgiving dinner?!? My favorite dish is always the STUFFING/DRESSING! This recipe is a great way to start getting excited for the Friendsgiving & Thanksgiving get- togethers to begin in the next week! Autumn Stuffed Acorn Squash
2-3 Acorn Squash
2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
1/2 tsp. Sage
1/2 tsp. Celery Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1 lb. Turkey Sausage – opt Sage flavored
2 Ribs Celery, diced
1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
1 Honeycrisp Apple, diced
1 C. Stuffing (pre-cooked) – opt. GF mix found at Aldi!
1/4 C. Pecans
3/4 C. Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp. Sage
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut acorn squash in halves & gut out the seeds. Place in large casserole dish.
2. Melt butter & mix in sage, celery salt, & pepper. Brush each acorn squash on the inside generously. Place in oven for 45 minutes to an hour, until lightly roasted around edges.
3. About halfway through cooking squash, begin browning the sausage in skillet and cook stuffing according to box instructions.
4. Add in celery & onion to sausage to cook for about 5 minutes. Add in apples to cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. In large mixing bowl, combine sausage mix, stuffing, pecans, chicken broth, sage, salt, & pepper. Combine all ingredients well.
6. Remove squash from oven & stuff each squash with the mixture.
7. Cook another 20 minutes in oven & enjoy!! *if only you could smell through the phone 🤤