It’s officially soup season!! I have been looking so forward to trying so many …
It’s officially soup season!! 🍁 I have been looking so forward to trying so many new soup recipes. Soups make it so easy to get in some good whole vegetables and spices into your diet. Zuppa Tuscana Soup has all of that and is so delicious!!
4 Slices Bacon, thick cut
1 lb. Italian Sausage (I like to use the Sage flavored one)
1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
4 Medium Yellow Potatoes, diced
1 Yellow Onion, diced
2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
4 C. Chicken Stock
1/2 Bunch of Kale, stems removed & leaves chopped
1 can Coconut Milk
1 tsp. Basil, dried
1 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Thyme
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. In dutch oven or deep pot, add the sausage to brown. Remove once most cooked.
2. Add bacon slices to cook on each side until crisp. Remove once cooked, but keep the bacon grease in the pot.
3. Add diced onions & minced garlic and cook for a few minutes until onions become translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour in the chicken stock and yellow potatoes. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender. During this time can also add in all of the spices.
4. Reduce heat and add in coconut milk and the cooked sausage. Add bacon and kale into the soup and allow to cook a few more minutes. Add more spices to desired taste if needed.
5. Serve and top with thyme & oregano. I also served mine with whole wheat naan. Cozy up & enjoy!!