Made this few weeks ago before leaving for vacation & posting about now is makin…
Made this few weeks ago before leaving for vacation & posting about now is making me crave it again! All of my favorite flavors brought together in one dish, so damn good…Creamy Tuscan Chicken
1 lb. Chicken Breast
2 C. Spinach
1/2 C. Bella Mushrooms
1/4 C. Basil, fresh
2 C. Cherry Tomatoes
4 Garlic cloves, minced
1/2 C. Sweet Onion, chopped
1 C. Coconut Milk
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
1/8 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
2 Tbsp. Butter, unsalted
1/3 C. White Wine, dry
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Prepare chicken and season both sides with salt & pepper.
2. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add avocado oil, then add the chicken. Sear each side for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Immediately add butter to the pan with minced garlic & saute for 30 seconds, moving around the whole time. Add the onions & mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan by adding the wine and scrapping pan with wooden spoon. Add red pepper flakes and salt.
4. Add in cherry tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes. As they start to soften, gently press with a spoon to burst.
5. Add in spinach and cook for about 2 minutes. Pour in coconut milk. Allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes. Then add lemon juice and fresh basil. Stir to combine all.
6. Place the chicken back in the pan and allow to cook down the liquid a bit, about 5 minutes on medium heat.
7. Enjoy with any side dish, I did roasted asparagus!